Snow White or Bluebeard, why does your child claim his favorite tale every night? Even if it's repetitive, do not deprive him of this pleasure.
- Remember when you were little and you listen with delight and apprehension the adventures of Snow White, Tom Thumb or Pinocchio. As you at his age, your child lives, through these characters, conflicts that agitate him the anxieties he feels, but can not express. Moreover, if Snow White so fascinates him at the moment, it is perhaps because he discovers what jealousy he can not formulate for the moment, but which is the central theme of this great classic.
Where does the magic of fairy tales come from?
- The Little Red Riding Hood that is being eaten seems like an end too cruel and you would be tempted to soften the denouement. Do not do anything. Your child is doing very well. In what seems traumatic to you, on the contrary, all the benefit of the tale. These terrible events have nothing to do with the violent images seen on TV. Here, it's the imagination that works.
- On the other hand, avoid too desperate tales as many of those from Andersen (The Little Mermaid or The Little Match Girl, for example).
- With his ogres, his witches, his characters with magical powers, the story is an extraordinary story, where the imaginary takes over reality. Although he describes dreadful and dangerous situations, solutions are always found and everything ends well. Your child can therefore be scared and listen, safely, terrible stories.
How to tell them?
Like all storytellers, you have the right to embroider ... but do not overdo it.
- Book the tales for the evening. This is the moment when your child may feel anxious about separating from you and falling asleep. For while sleeping, his unconscious arises in his dreams. There is something to be afraid of! To give body to his fears through a tale allows him to exorcise them.
- Free your imagination. Like all storytellers, you have the right to embroider. You can take different voices for each character, punctuate the action of gestures or sound effects. But be careful not to add too much. To tell is not to play theater.
- Respect the details. You must have already experienced it, if you forget a detail, your little listener gets angry. He likes to find what he knows. It's reassuring.