The velvety peach evokes the skin of a newborn ... But that of your little one has some imperfections. Milia seeds, acne, pimples, red patches, advice from our specialist, Dr. Agnès Gadroy, dermatologist.
- At the maternity ward, your baby had a soft, beautiful skin with a soft pink complexion. But for some time his face has been covered with little pimples or red patches that do not itch and are not accompanied by fever. Should we take patience or consult?
It has small white pimples: the grains of milium
- These little pimples appeared on your baby's forehead, nose and cheeks. Frequent in the infant and without gravity, these grains of milium are due to the sweat glands (which secrete the sweat). They clog up, causing small grains on the surface of the skin. It is often a family trend.
- What has to be done. Clean your baby's face as usual with some thermal water. Do not try to make them leave by pressing on it. They will be eliminated with the natural desquamation of the skin because they are located in the most superficial part of the epidermis.
It has red pimples: infant acne
- Fifteen days to one month after giving birth, small raised buttons, slightly red or pink, appeared on her nose, her forehead and a little on her cheeks. They can also touch your baby's chest and back. By the age of 4 to 5 months, they are sometimes accompanied by blackheads, as in adolescents.
- This is an infant acne, caused by the hormones of pregnancy that you have passed on to your baby. Under their influence, the sebaceous glands (which secrete sebum) are packed and its skin is oily.
- What has to be done. Clean his little face with sprays of thermal water. Avoid applying a greasy cream. This acne heals most often spontaneously, in a few weeks. On the other hand, if there are black spots and more severe acne, it is necessary that you consult a doctor who will prescribe a treatment identical to that of a teenager, but adapted to his age, of course.