In your baby, the taste is not to be neglected. Essential to his well-being, his approach determines his future diet. So, for your pleasure and good health, contribute now to the awakening of this meaning
Baby's awakening to taste and balance
- The baby acquires very early the notion of taste, in your womb in utero, where he will make the acquaintance, on a daily basis, many flavors. Thus, at birth, he already knows the sweet, salty, sour and bitter tastes. But his learning is just beginning.
- More sensitive to the tastes than an adult, you can easily see what your baby likes or dislikes. His amusing mimicry of pleasure or repulsion is not deceiving. However, his sense of taste is not innate. In this, it is good to familiarize with the different flavors. He can adapt to all the cuisines of the world if they are presented to him.
- Inevitably, your baby will go through a whimsical phase where he rejects all that is new. Stay on your position. It is useful to guide him to the variety by presenting him several times with the food he repels. He often ends up enjoying them. Repulsion is a perfectly normal phenomenon related to various factors. The astonishment of a texture, the color of the food, the surprise of the taste buds in front of a new dish, are all deterrents.
- Little by little, his tastes will be enriched, developed and changed. If until his 7 years his attractions will go to the sweet, the new food discoveries gradually modify his preferences and aversions. Your child must have time to get to know new foods. There is no question of forcing him because he might not want to try new experiments. So teach him to taste, be indulgent and do not forget to respect his tastes.
- If he has changes in appetite, preferences, contradictory attitudes, do not worry about it and let him do it. You just have to present him with all the balanced foods for him to become familiar with and eat healthy.
Taste: the importance of baby pleasure
- Eating is far from being an insignificant act. It opens access to a first experience of satisfaction. Also, an affective relationship accompanies the act of feeding. When he is an infant, feeding is a moment when the baby shares with his mother a privileged moment, which symbolizes the relationship of mutual love. It brings out security, fullness, relaxation, well-being. It is important to maintain this pleasure with food.
- Make the meal a real moment of reunion and exchange. See and show your child the balanced diet as a positive and enjoyable part of his growth. And be patient ... your child will only become more gourmet!
our baby recipes